Tuesday, May 25, 2010

College Retreat 2010

Our college group at church went on their spring retreat back at the first part of May. But with it being May and having graduations, end of year stuff, sick girls, and many other things I am just now getting around to posting about it. Hope you haven't been waiting on pins and needles for these posts and pictures.

Robert decided he wanted to take the group to New Mexico and do some fun outdoorsy type things with them. We started out by camping overnight in El Paso on Friday night. That was a long drive but we made it only to find out that it was a primitive campsite. That means no running water (at all). The bathrooms were pretty interesting and pretty scary since we didn't get there until well after dark (oh, I forgot to mention there was no electricity either). Needless to say, I was not liking it much at all.

The morning was a much happier time for me. I could actually see where I was walking and what I was doing. The area was pretty but without water and electricity, I don't think I'll be going back there again.

After packing up camp, we drove to City of Rocks (north of Deming, NM). It is basically a bunch of boulders in the middle of nowhere. Fun to see and climb all over.

Me and Robert surrounded by rocks.
Here is a rock that looks like a dinosaur. Barbara and I had our picture taken on this same rock formation back in 2000 before Robert and I were married. Fun memories.
Robert and I are always looking for pictures that we have taken of God's creation to print and put up on a wall at our house. When we were at City of Rocks in 2000, we took a picture in this same spot and have it on our wall. This one turned out very neat too.
The girls looking a little scared. Don't worry, they made it out okay.
Windmill!
Robert letting the other guys do all the hard work.
Greg climbing.
Laura and her bean.
Tiphanie climbing. This was before she injured herself.
Zach helping Greg out of a tight spot.
Zach and Greg acting goofy.
Tiphanie on a rock waaaaay out there.
Another rock that Barbara and I found. This one reminds us of those old fashioned hairdryers.
Robert climbed up on this really big boulder to check out what might be in the hole. His whole arm fit in there and touched the back. Nothing was living in there at the time. Thankfully.
Oh no, Laura is stuck.
Nice hairdo, Courtney.
See how amazing this place is?
Next up - the rest of day 1.

No comments: