Friday, September 25, 2009

Natick, Apples, and Concord

Sunday morning started with attending church in Natick. It is a small and very friendly church. We really liked the service and Robert loved listening to the preacher. He is from Ireland and has the accent to match. Very cool. He kept reminding me of the movie "Far and Away". Makes me want to go and watch it again. Maybe when Barbara is here next month we can squeeze that in sometime.

After church we headed to the Natick mall which has both a Cheesecake Factory and an American Girl store. And for the girls in this family, that is perfect! I thoroughly enjoyed my Sunday brunch of French Toast Napoleon and Lindsey and Reagan loved going next door to the American Girl store.

Lindsey's eyes were huge during the visit to the American Girl store. She loved looking at all the clothes and accessories for the dolls.
Reagan really got into it also. Here she is looking at the little baby dolls. So cute!One reason we went to the American Girl store was Lindsey's dolls hair was horrible. Really bad. And, as ridiculous as it is, there is a hair salon for the dolls. Lindsey's doll sat in a chair and a girl actually wet, combed, and fixed the doll's hair. It turned out really cute. But, really?Look how happy this made Lindsey. She was beaming!
After the mall, we headed to Stowe, MA to pick apples. You always hear about people going apple picking but I never thought that I would actually be able to do it. It was great. There were thousands of trees and we had a blast as you are about to see from the many, many pictures that we took. I'll apologize now and tell you that you don't have to look at them all.

A cute shot of the girls before the fun began.
One of Lindsey's first apples to pick. She was having a blast.
I know, the branches are in the way but this was the best I could do with what I had. I think it is still a very cute picture. And Reagan was reaching for the apple that we were holding to get her to look in our general direction.
Reagan loved holding the apples. And then letting them drop!
Lindsey was a bit nervous about climbing the ladder but daddy and Manny helped her out.
Reagan really was happy during this time. I just think she didn't like stopping to pose for the camera.
Another shot of a not so happy looking little girl. But she's got her apple.
I can't take credit for this picture but isn't it amazing? Great shot, Manny!
We really didn't pose for this one. We were just all together and looking at the apples and Manny took this. It was decided that this should be sent to the apple farm where we were so they can use it in advertising. What do you think?
One of our family shots. We took lots.
Sweet sisters!
Still enjoying looking at the apples with Aunt Barbara. She did start saying "apple" by the time we left. Well, kinda!
Where's Manny?
Where's Robert? Or, should I say, Tarzan? He really wanted to do some swinging in the trees.
Look at all the apples we picked. We had so much fun and it looks like Reagan was really proud of herself.
After leaving the apple trees, we headed to Concord. I saw this wonderful church and had to take a picture of it. It was beautiful.
Concord, MA is home to the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery. Along with being famous because of the legend, it is also home to the graves of several famous authors. Louisa May Alcott, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Nathaniel Hawthorne, and Henry David Thoreau all were buried there with their families. We were very interested in those. Mrs. Gilbreth would be so proud!
I was hoping that the trees up in the New England area would be starting to change colors and I wasn't disappointed. For the most part, there was still green everywhere but occasionally we would see this amazing pop of color. So beautiful. Thank you, God, for your amazing creation!
We had planned on going to Lexington also but by the time we were done in Concord, we were so tired again. We decided to head home for dinner and bed. But of course, we didn't sleep until we had some wonderful apple pie that Barbara made from the yummy apples that we had picked.

Up next - New York City (get a rope!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey I took that picture of Lindsey with the apple! I want my credit! HAHA! I really want a copy of that one. I was actually trying to zoom out, but the camera wasn't working with me. Oh well, I agree great picture!

Holly said...

My girls love the American Girl store too. Samantha had her girls hair done.

Jessica said...

How fun! I'd love to go apple picking some time. I also enjoyed your last post. The fried dough sounded yummy!