Saturday, August 1, 2009

100 Bible Stories, 100 Bible Songs

A few months back, my husband began reading. He has always known how to read and did read but just recently began to read for fun. He then came across the chance to review books for Thomas Nelson Publishers. I then followed his lead and signed up to become a blog book reviewer. It is great. You sign up, they send you a book, you read it, blog about it, and you get to keep the book. I love to read so it was perfect. And as I looked into becoming a reviewer, I noticed that I could review children's books for them. Perfect, seeing as I am a mom and a teacher. So, here is my first review...

100 Bible Stories, 100 Bible Songs created by Stephen Elkins and illustrated by Tim O'Conner

From "Creation" and "In The Beginning" to "Heaven" and "You Can't Get To Heaven On Roller Skates" this book is full of wonderful stories and catchy songs. My daughter and I have loved to read through the stories and listen to the songs.

Actually the CD's are a constant in our vans' CD player. You know sometimes, you come across some CD's that your children absolutely love and you just can't stand. The two CD's that come with this book are far from that. I love them which is perfect because my daughter loves them too.

The stories in the book are also great. Each spread in the book has the title, song title, a short story and where it is taken from in the Bible. It also has a very nice picture along with a few short sentences that sums up what the Bible story was about. A very short and great way to teach children some of the wonderful stories from the Bible.

I completely recommend this book to everyone. I actually was able just recently to give 100 Bible Stories, 100 Bible Songs to my 2 year old nephew. I hope that he (and his parents) love it as much as my children and I.

No comments: