Monday, October 31, 2011

Women of Faith 2011

What is better than going to my most favorite place? Oh, going with my wonderful aunt and attending Women of Faith while we are there.  San Antonio has always been a special place for me (and my husband).  Unfortunately for him, he wasn't invited this time.  Girls only!

I was most looking forward to listening to three certain people - Andy Andrews, Lisa Welchel, and Amy Grant.  And they did not disappoint.

Andy Andrews is so fun - and sometimes hard to keep up with.  He has written several great books.  I loved The Noticer and The Heart Mender.  If you ever get a chance, read them.  One thing he said on Friday was "Everything you do matters."  I love that - whether good or bad, everything matters.

Next was Amy Grant.  I have loved Amy and her music since I was much younger.  I remember going to a friends house in elementary school and listening to Amy Grant cassette tapes in her room (and singing along loudly).  I was so excited to see her in person and listen to her sing and play guitar.  Makes me want to pull out all the old tapes and listen (and sing) again.

Another favorite from "back in the day" was Blair.  Lisa Welchel played a snotty rich girl on TV but she is so down to earth.  Loved listening to her.  She talked about how it was hard to be on screen during some important times in her life.  Friendships for her were hard - she learned several things that she shared with us about being a friend.  Sometimes, you just need to be there for a friend - you don't have to say anything, just be there.  You also don't have to be perfect in those friendships.  The imperfections help you to connect - they make you real.

I love my time away.  Thanks, Booksneeze, for allowing me to attend WOF again this year.

Can't wait for next time!

No comments: