Lindsey said something really funny last night and I had to put it on here before I forgot. We were at Primetime for a softball party with Robert's work. For those of you who don't know, Primetime is an entertainment/activity place. It has go-carts, mini golf, bowling, pool, video games, etc. Anyway, Lindsey and I were walking through the arcade looking for something for her to play. Well, she saw MarioKart which she knows from the Wii. We sat and both of us played side-by-side for a couple of games. I finished before Lindsey did so I stood up behind her. She was doing good but had turned a little too much and was going the wrong direction. I helped turn her to go the correct direction and I also helped her shoot the "weapons" toward the characters in front of her. Turns out she got first. So I was making a big deal out of it and said, "You got first place, Lindsey!" And to that she said, "Yeah, and I won!" She was more excited about winning than getting first place. So cute!
I haven't posted pictures in a while so I thought that I would while the girls are taking their naps. I know, Mom, I should be taking a nap, too. Maybe another day! Pictures are more fun!
Reagan has this funny face that she sometimes makes these days. She sucks her bottom lip in and this is the result. Maybe not the best picture of it but it makes me laugh everytime she does it.
Reagan really enjoys being in her saucer.
Lindsey was invited to a Tinker Bell party. I know, she is not dressed like Tinker Bell but the mom of the birthday girl said she could dress up anyway she wanted and this is what won. (If you look closely, you can see that she had just eaten a Thin Mint.)
Here is Lindsey dressed for Silly Day at school. But she didn't get to go to school that day because it was a bad weather day. Of course, she wanted to wear what she had picked out anyway. So she had her own silly day at home.Silly Day - Take 2! (she did get to go to school this day - Yea for both mom and daughter!) Here is Lindsey after Circus Day at school. She loved her rainbow (and flower on the other cheek) and didn't want them to come off that night. Reagan looks a little scared of her peas. Or maybe she was scared of the faces I was making trying to get her to smile. Who knows what goes through baby's heads!?!This is how I found Lindsey during one of her naps. Loved how her fingers were intertwined. Funny!Reagan was a little taken aback by the sweetness (or sourness) of her applesauce.Reagan also found the peaches a little sweet. But each time I would give her something else (oatmeal or rice cereal) she would cry because it wasn't the fruit. Go figure!Lindsey did her own make-up for the first time. Lovely, right? Her eyeshadow was blue and at the outside corners of her eyes. The blush was really bright pink and pretty low on the cheeks. But I had to take a picture of how cute she was.This is what I saw when I finished taking the above picture. I thought Reagan looked cute and like she was ready to fly.
*Choose 7 spectacular blogs that you can't live without and pass this goodie on to the them. *Post the "chosen ones" on your blog in link form AND... *List 10 honest things about yourself.
1. I love being a mom. BUT...it is so hard. I am exhausted all the time and there is constantly something to do - laundry, feeding, dishes, laundry again, cleaning up toys, etc.
2. I am excited about my trip to Jamaica this summer. Robert is taking me for my 3oth birthday with some great friends. Kinda scared too - only other place outside of the U.S. that we have been is Playa del Carmen. That place was pretty tame. Not sure what to expect in Jamaica.
3. I did not like the fact that my family moved from Fort Worth the summer after my eighth grade year. But high school was a blast and I fell in love with Abilene. Most people think I am crazy for wanting to stay here but it is the right size for me.
4. I taught elementary school for three and a half years before becoming a mommy. I loved teaching and if, in the future, I need to start back to work I hope to teach at a private Christian school again.
5. I think that I go into a mild depression when Robert goes out of town on business. I become all tense and tight in my shoulders and this time around, I got sick. I also have to indulge myself and Lindsey. This week while he was gone, I got Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino Ice Cream for me and Lindsey got Valentine sprinkled donuts for breakfast.
6. I spend way too much time on the computer. E-mail, facebook, and blogging are so addicting though. I should really "fast" from the computer but just haven't gotten up the nerve to do it yet.
7. I hate my skin. Too sensitive, too pale, too many times when something is wrong with it.
8. I love to go white water rafting. Not the majorly huge stuff but class 3's are so much fun. I've been twice - once on my senior trip in New Mexico and once two years ago in Colorado. Everyone should try it. I highly recommend it.
9. If I had to choose another type of career for myself it would be some kind of party planning type of gig. I would love to do that kind of thing but I don't think I am assertive enough to tell people what to do. That would be one reason I haven't pursued it.
10. I am so glad to have two girls (sorry, honey!) I don't know what I would have done with a boy. I don't do bugs and cars and dinosaurs.